Museum Ship Amandine
An authentic fishing vessel transformed into a living museum. This ship, which once sailed the North Sea, now offers a unique opportunity to experience the history of sea fishing and life aboard a fishing vessel.
What to Expect at Museumschip Amandine in Ostend?
- A Historic Fishing Vessel: The Amandine, Belgium's last Iceland trawler, takes you back in time to the days of sea fishing.
- Authentic Atmosphere: Feel history come to life as you walk through the different parts of the ship, from the engine room to the crew's sleeping quarters.
- Highlights of Museumschip Amandine include:
- Realistically recreated interiors showing how the crew lived and worked.
- Audiovisual presentations giving you a glimpse of the rugged life at sea.
- A collection of historical objects and photos that tell the story of sea fishing.
- Educational Experience: The museum ship is an educational treasure for visitors of all ages, with stories and artifacts shedding light on the evolution of fishing.
- Interactive Exhibitions: Onboard the ship, you'll find interactive exhibitions depicting the hard life of fishermen and the challenges of seafaring.
Discover the Secrets of Sea Fishing
Step aboard the Amandine and experience the rich maritime traditions of d'Ostend. A fascinating adventure awaits you at Museumschip Amandine!
Furthermore Museum Ship Amandine is near the following sights: Jachthaven Oostende (±20 m), St. Peter and Paul Church (±150 m), Three-master Mercator (±400 m), Fish Market (±450 m) & City Museum Ostend (±600 m).
For informationVindictivelaan, Oostende
tel. +32 592 343 01