Anno 1465 - Museum
An open-air museum that transports visitors to a 15th-century medieval fishing village. This fascinating historical site offers a rare glimpse into the life and culture of medieval coastal inhabitants.
What can you expect at Anno 1465 in Oostende?
- Medieval Fishing Village: Discover a carefully reconstructed fishing village complete with authentic houses, a bakery, and a fish smokehouse from the 15th century.
- Living History: Stroll through the village and experience how people lived, worked, and struggled to survive in the harsh conditions of the Middle Ages.
- Educational Exhibitions: Learn about the historical background of the village, the fishing culture, and the impact of natural and human influences on life at that time.
- Interactive Experiences: The museum offers interactive experiences that allow visitors of all ages to immerse themselves in the medieval way of life.
- Unique Attractions: Highlights of Anno 1465 include:
- Detailed reconstructions of medieval houses and workshops.
- Archaeological findings discovered during excavations of the original village.
- Demonstrations of traditional crafts and techniques such as bread baking and fish smoking.
A Historical Journey of Discovery
Anno 1465 is an ideal destination for history enthusiasts and families looking to learn more about the medieval history of the Belgian coast.
Experience history up close and immerse yourself in the world of medieval coastal inhabitants at Anno 1465 in Oostende.
For informationNieuwpoortsesteenweg 636, Oostende
tel. +32 597 022 85